Friday, August 23, 2013

One-Day Vacation (or "My Precious Day Off")

I didn't make any jewelry yesterday...have to live up to my halfassed reputation. So I took a mini vacation instead in Saratoga Springs, NY.  I had a hair appointment there anyway and made a fun day of it.

With my tunes, all the windows rolled down and the sunroof open, I savored all the smells the countryside between Johnstown and Saratoga had to offer...


My Tunes

 
Don't worry...I pulled over for this shot. I'm not that crazy!
But do I sound crazy when I tell you that the dead skunks even smelled good? 

After Chris, colorist and cutter extraordinaire at Fusion The Salon, mad me beautiful, I was starving...looking this good is hard work.



I took myself out to lunch at The Putnam Market on Broadway...ate their country pate and red onions with a honey mustard on a French baguette.

 
Yum...Sorry, I was so hungry I took a bite out of it before I realized I wanted to take a picture.
 
 
Gorgeous day to eat outside and people-watch...especially just before the Travers Stakes!  The town is filling up fast.
 
On the way out of town I stopped at The Hidden Gardens on Church Street and went overboard photographing their incredible array of garden and home antiques.
 
I've driven by their store a hundred times and finally decided to stop in.
 
Enjoy!
 

Horses...of course



 
 
 
 








                                                    Love the creepy cigar-toting clown



More cigars...except from a traditional Indian.
 


If I had a fireplace, this is what I'd want around it.
 


 
 
 

 
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment